I made it home alive! I had a fairly uneventful trip home including 6hrs in the Zurich airport. They at least let me out of the international terminal and into the main airport so I could go to the shops and get some lunch. But then I spent more money in that 6 hrs than I did for the past 24hrs in Dar es Salaam. My lunch at Burger King cost more than my hotel room the night before (lunch = $17, hotel room = $14). And I bought a magnet for $11, but how could a pass up a magnet that said "Switzerland" and "Heidi and Peter" and had little figures of Heidi, Peter, and the Grandfather. (If you don't know, those are the characters of the book "Heidi" that I was named after.)
It was interesting traveling back how you relax a little more at each step along the way. Getting on the plane in Dar es Salaam, arriving in Switzerland and being able to use a credit card, arriving in the US, and then getting back to KC. I'm really glad I got to go on this trip and I wouldn't change it at all (except for maybe climbing Kilimanjaro), but I'm definitely glad to be home too!
That's so true about relaxing! It happens to me when I head home :)
ReplyDelete